- Teams play 5 v 5 including goalkeeper
- The score is kept during games by the referee
- Coaches are not permitted on the field during play, but can instruct players from the sidelines
- Coaches are not permitted to interfere with play while coaching
- No coaches or parents are permitted behind the goal
- A size 4 soccer ball is used
- Play is (2) 20-minute halves – (3) minute break at half
- Change of kick-off and direction occurs at halftime
- All laws including throw-ins are enforced however referees may use discretion in allowing second chances on incorrectly executed throw-ins.
- Referees will call all hard body contact and kicking even if unintentional
- No headers are permitted; headers will result in an indirect free kick to the other team
- Practices are typically once or twice a week
- Tournaments are played in this division
- If a team is short players, both coaches will decide whether to play with fewer players or give the team missing players additional players from the opposite team.
- No slide tackling will be permitted. Indirect free kick will be awarded to the other team unless in the 18-yard box, then PK will be awarded.
- The blue line or build-out line will be used in this division. The blue line will also act as the offside line. THERE WILL BE NO PUNTING!
- If the score is at a five-goal difference trailing team will add a player if available. If not available, the winning team will remove a player. This advantage will stop once the score is under 5 goal difference
- Running up the score- THIS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR! Only 5 goal differentials will be used in computing standings. Anything over 5 goals is looked at as excessive. If a team wins by a goal difference of 10 or more goals that team will only receive 2 points in the standings. If the score difference reaches 15 then violating team will only receive one point in the standings.
PLEASE NOTE THAT COACHES ARE TO BE ON THE SIDELINE WITH THE TEAM AND COACHING BEHIND THE GOAL IS NOT PERMITTED. COACHES ARE EXPECTED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR TEAM’S PARENTS' CONDUCT!
PARENTS SHOULD BE SEATED OPPOSITE THE FIELD FROM THEIR RESPECTIVE TEAM DURING GAMES.