Do we have practice when it is raining, snowing, hailing, etc?
- The Louisville Soccer Club will only cancel practice in the event of thunder and lightning. It is recommended you show up at your scheduled practice time and allow the coach to make the decision at practice. The Coaches Coordinator will be in contact with each coach when inclement weather is a possibility.
Does my child need to wear shin guards, socks, and shoes to practice?
- Please make sure your child is properly dressed for practice. They should wear comfortable shorts, a shirt, shin guards, socks, and soccer cleats (football and baseball cleats are not permitted). It is also recommended for them to bring a water bottle and a soccer ball.
Do I need to bring a soccer ball to practice?
- Your coach will be issued Louisville Soccer Club equipment including up to eight soccer balls. Depending on the number of players on the team, he/she will normally have enough soccer balls for each kid. The Louisville Soccer Club recommends your child bring one to practice.
What size soccer ball should my player bring?
- PreKinder/Kindergarten division uses a size 3 soccer ball.
- 1st and 2nd Grade division uses a size 4 soccer ball.
- 3rd and 4th Grade division uses a size 4 soccer ball.
- 5th through 8th Grade division uses a size 5 soccer ball.
How many practices will my child have each week?
- Preschool/Kindergarten practice one day a week for a max of one hour.
- 1st/2nd-grade practice twice a week for a max of one hour at a time.
- 3rd grade through 8th-grade practice twice a week for 1.5 hours.
- Travel practices twice a week for 1.5 hours.
I am not able to make the practice times my child's coach set for the team, am I able to change teams?
We understand matching up the schedules of volunteer coaches and parents is difficult. In the event you are not able to have your child at practices due to a scheduling conflict, we invite you to contact the Coaches Coordinator to discuss viable options for your child. You may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-643-1003 ext 5.